FOSTERING AN ATMOSPHERE IN THE FRANCISCAN TRADITION
In 1981, a group of recovering alcoholics, anxious to make available to those who would follow after them the rich spiritual blessings they received during a retreat at Holy Cross, established a Foundation for the support of the Retreat Center. Reflecting with deep gratitude, a member of that group said, “The retreat which I made at Holy Cross not only saved my business but, more importantly, it restored to me my wife and family. ” Because of the generosity of these three great men — Riley Brown, Bill Burton and John Clifford — dividends from that Foundation have made it possible for us to improve the facility and complete many projects that would have been very difficult without the help of the Foundation. It is very obvious what good-hearted people can accomplish when they work together..
The Foundation was established as a Memorial To Fr. Owen de Silva OFM, the Founder of Holy Cross Retreats.
DONATIONS TO THIS FOUNDATION ARE TO BE USED AS FOLLOWS:
1) Purchase equipment and supplies needed to conduct programs.
2) To provide honorariums for guest speakers.
3) To provide assistance in the planning, promotion and execution of religious programs.
4) To make improvements for the buildings that serve the retreat center.
5) Finances from this Fund shall not be used for staff salaries, day-to-day operational maintenance — such as utilities, food or normal maintenance.
Donations to this Foundation are tax-deductible.
If you would like to be contacted regarding a donation, please fill out the form below and the Director, Fr. Tom will be more than happy to talk with you.